Because I’m obsessed with astronomy and astronomical data visualizations, I thought it would be fun to build some sort of celestial clock. From suncalc.js, we can get not only sunrise, sunset, moonrise and moonset but also the altitude and azimuth of those objects. At the very least, I could build a clock that showed the current azimuth (direction) in the sky that the Sun and Moon are. This concept is inline with another site/app that I’ve been trying to build called LODClock (length of day clock) that shows the incremental changes in day length as the seasons progress.
- position in sky of Sun and Moon
- position in sky of other planets (nice to have)
- the position of the sunrise
- the position of the sunset
- the lines could represent brightness (wish list)
- maybe sky could change color depending on time of day or weather (wish list)